While the sky is the limit for planning a vacation in Cancun, we would like to suggest a few of our family’s favorite activities:
At the House:
- Sunbathing on the beach or rooftop
- Walks along the beach
- Kayaking: Four ocean kayaks are at the house for your enjoyment.
- Fishing (Bring your own pole and tackle or rent it locally)
- Watching for sea turtles (Please do not disturb them or their eggs. They are protected in Mexico.)
- Soccer/futball nets and ball provided for some great beach soccer!
- Volleyball net & ball provided
- Incredibly breathtaking sunsets
*Swim at your own risk. Local charter boats drive at high speeds within close distance of shore. To increase your visibility, wear a bright life jacket, or have a brightly colored buoy or kayak near you as you swim. Stingrays are also present near shore. Shuffle your feet while walking in the water to avoid stepping on them.
- Local Spas
- Para Sailing: Local parasailing boats frequent the offshore waters. Wave one down if you want to hire them.
- Sailing: Ask the neighbor about his Hobie Cat. He’s been know to rent the sail boat to experienced sailors or to charter local sailing excursions for those who want him as captain.
A Short Drive Away:
- Cancun: 15 minute drive
- Isla Mujeres: 20 minute drive to ferry
- Playa del Carmen: 40 minute drive
- Xcaret.com – Mayan culture park: 45 minute drive
- Xplor.travel – unique adventure park: 45 minute drive
- Valladolid: 1 hour 10 minute (on way to Chichen Itza)
- Xelha.com – natural aquarium park: 1 hour 30 minute
- Cozumel – boat leaves from Playa del Caremen: 40 minute drive + boat ride
- Chichen Itza: 1 hour 40 minute drive
- Chichen Itza area Sinkhole: 1 hour 40 minute drive (near Chichen Itza)
- Cenotes: 2 hour drive
- Merida, Yucatan – beautiful colonial city: 3 hours drive